Tuesday, September 05, 2006

First Day of School
Riding the bus for the first time
I couldn't help myself, you know that I am a scrapbooker at heart. Couldn't pass this photo-op up.hee hee

Here is Ethan sitting at his desk on the first day of school.

It is official, I have a big kid now. Ethan started Kindergarten on September 17th. He is so excited every day to get up and go. We even got him an alarm clock to start his day. Good thing we did because he usually wakes mom up to help him get ready. He has to catch the bus at 7:15, yuck!!!

After the first day of school when asked what the best part of his day was, he said "riding the bus". So I changed tactics and asked, "ok, at school, what was your favorite thing?" He replies "Recess". What a stinker, huh? After much prompting, I got a little information out of him. The third best thing about school was when Ethan read out loud to the class. Boy, talk about swelling with pride, I think my bra size jumped up a few. We are just so excited and proud of our big guy!!

Poor Alex is having some issues with his big brother going off to school with out him. Alex keeps asking where his bus is. I tell him when he turns 5 he will get to ride the bus too. That is when he looks at me strait in the face and says "Me five too". Now, there is no arguing with that one. I really think he believes it. We have tried to go with the pretend bus, or that mommy drives his bus, but none of that works. Right now we are just letting him stay up later so he is still sleeping when I have to walk Ethan down to the bus stop. We will see how long this drama goes on.

All in all, school has been great. It is quite a challenge juggling the three kids with totally different schedules. I am hoping that one of these days I will get the hang of it. Right now I am considering painting my truck yellow and getting a class C license, I sure feel like a bus driver!!!

No comments: